- Knitting & Crochet
- Weaving & Spinning
- Books, Patterns & Kits
Classes & Events
Note: This class is currently FULL. If you would like to be added to the waiting list, please contact Customer Service at 413-584-2225 or email@example.com.
Are you ready to go beyond plain weave on your rigid heddle loom? In this class we will open a whole new world of weaving fun as we explore using pick-up sticks to create patterns and textures. We will learn the basics of using a pick-up stick to create additional sheds and we will make a sampler of many different weaves. Be inspired and add new dimensions to the capabilities of your rigid heddle loom.
Prerequisite: Introduction to Rigid Heddle, or equivalent
Instructor: Leslie Ann Bestor
Date & Time: Sunday, 5/6 1:00pm - 5:00pm
- Pick-up stick (at least 16” long)
- Two shuttles
- Piece of cardboard 1 ½” wide and as long as the width of your loom
- Your rigid heddle loom already warped with a warp that is 8” wide and at least 90” long. Yarn choice is up to you - yarn should be a solid color.
- An additional 100 yards of your warp yarn
- 100 yards of yarn in a complimentary color - solid color. (see homework)
Prior to the first class, please complete the following:
- You must bring your rigid heddle loom already warped with a warp that is 8” wide and at least 90” long. Yarn choice is up to you.
- Bring an additional 100 yds of your warp yarn to use as weft, plus 100 yds in another complementary color for weft as well.