Adaptations: Customizing a Published Pattern with Gwen Bortner
Class had been cancelled.
The pattern is just what you’re looking for...except for a few changes! Get an introduction to design while gaining an understanding of how to adapt a published pattern to meet your stylistic needs. Whether selecting a different yarn, altering the stitch pattern, changing the sleeve length, or choosing a different neckline - the choice can be yours!
Skill Level: Must be familiar with written garment patterns and calculating gauge.
Date: Sunday, March 22 Time: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Homework/Materials: Prepare one 6” x 6”swatch in smooth, light-colored worsted weight yarn in any pattern stitch. Launder the swatch in the manner you intend on laundering the garment.
• One published pattern that includes a schematic with measurements of the pieces used in the construction
• The needles you used to knit the swatch
• The swatch
• Pencil, paper, calculator, ruler and tape measure
• Please bring your lunch.
• Your knitting tool kit
- 20% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $60 or more!
- 25% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $120 or more!