- Knitting & Crochet
- Weaving & Spinning
- Books & Patterns
Classes & Events
A fast and fun project, perfect for stash busting and a wonderful canvas for embellishment. Instant Mittens are a great first project for double pointed needles! We will learn a couple of decorative beginnings, two thumb constructions and consider many different embellishment ideas.
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Date & Time: Thursday, 3/17; 10am - 1pm
• 2 skeins of Valley Yarns Berkshire Bulky or Lambs Pride Bulky
• Oddments of yarn from your stash, in various weights and colors, for embellishing
• One set US 9 double-pointed needles
• Tapestry needles, one sharp, one blunt
• Stitch markers
• Graph paper and colored pencils, if desired
• knitting tool kit
Prior to the first class, please complete the following: Make a sample square (knit flat) for stitch practice as follows:
• Cast On 18 stitches.
• Rows 1-2: Knit
• Row 3: Knit
• Row 4: K2, p14, k2.
• Repeat rows 3 and 4 until you roughly have a square.
• End by repeating Rows 1-2.
• Wash in mild soapy water, rinse thoroughly and block into a nice little square.