- Knitting & Crochet
- Weaving & Spinning
- Books, Patterns & Kits
Classes & Events
How to Knit Continental
Learn how to knit Continental with WEBS staff member Dena Childs. If you're a crocheter and are used to holding the yarn in your left hand, knitting Continental style may be an easier way for you to learn to knit. Also if you are a English style knitter but want to knit faster, learning to knit Continental may speed up your knitting since this technique requires less movement than English knitting.
How to Crochet Rowan Kidsilk Scarf
Learn how to crochet a Ruffle Scarf using Rowan Kidsilk Creation! In this video, WEBS education manager Tina McElmoyl guides you through the steps to from start to finish of making your own swirl ruffle scarf in no time at all.
How to Foundation Single Crochet
Learn Foundation Single Crochet with WEBS teacher Sara Delaney!
How to Foundation Double Crochet
Learn how to foundation double crochet with WEBS teacher Sara Delaney!
How to Increase in Double Crochet
Learn how to increase in double crochet with WEBS teacher Sara Delaney!
How to Decrease in Double Crochet
Learn how to decrease in double crochet with WEBS teacher Sara Delaney!
How to Double Crochet
Learn how to double crochet with WEBS teacher Sara Delaney!
How to Knit a Bobble Stitch
Learn how to knit a bobble stitch with WEBS Education Manager Tina McElmoyl. Bobbles can be made in almost any stitch background. For this example, bobbles are made in a field of stockinette stitches. Bobbles are created on the right side row.
- Knit to where you would like the bobble to be.
- Bring the yarn over your needle to the front, creating a yarn over.
- Knit the next stitch but do not drop the stitch off the needle.
- Yarn over again, bringing the yarn between the tips of your needles, and knit into this same stitch again. Repeat this for a third time: yarn over, knit the same stitch. You've now created 6 stitches from that one for your bobble.
- Next, turn your work around and you are going to work those same 6 stitches. Holding your yarn to the front of your work, slip the first stitch to the right needle.
- Purl the next 5 stitches. Turn your work so that your right side is facing you again.
- With yarn held to the back, slip the first stitch, without knitting it, knit the next 5 stitches.
- Turn again, and purl 2 together three times.
- Turn to the right side once more and slip one stitch, knit 2 together, then pass the slipped stitch over that stitch and give it a good tug.
- Finish knitting your row, adding bobbles where you like.
- You secure the bobble on the next row. On the next row, purl as you would normally until you get to the stitch that contains the bobble. On this stitch, purl the stitch through the back loop to tighten up the stitch.
If bobble stitches look fun to you, check out some of these knitting pattern that include bobbles!
Skacel Addi Lace Click Long Tips Review
The Addi Lace Click Long Tips system provides 8 pairs of addi Lace Long tips (US 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11) along with 3 different lengths of the new extremely pliable blue lifeline cords (24", 32", and 40"), 1 Click connector, and a gold addi heart pin. This set introduces lifeline cords, which lets you safely unravel your knitting piece only to a specific row without the threat of losing stitches. The Addi lifeline lets you easily insert a thread that is simple to remove when your project is done. The Click tips require no tools to change; simply insert the cord deep into the tip, twist and release. The tips will remain secure until you change them, thanks to the Click's revolutionary locking mechanism! Tips measure 5" long.
The addi Lace Clicks - Long Tips are fully interchangeable with the original addi Lace Click, Turbo Click and Natura Click cords and connectors. Keep in mind that due to their longer length, they will not produce a working needle with the 16" and 20" cords - all other cords and tips will work with all four sets.
KnowKnits GoKnit Pouch
Take your knitting with you everywhere you go with KnowKnits GoKnit Pouches. These great pouches are crafted from ripstop nylon (machine washable/dryable) and feature a draw-string closure that doubles as a shoulder strap. An interior loop prevents tangling while an exterior loop attaches these lightweight bags to purses or belt loops. Available in both small and medium sizes for your latest project.
Assembling the Valley Yarns Carle Baby & Bilateral Cardigans
Blue Sky Alpacas Worsted Hand Dyes Review
Jade Sapphire Mongolian Cashmere
Two absolutely luxurious yarns from Jade Sapphire are Mongolian Cashmere 2-ply and Silk Cashmere. Knit gorgeous lace shawls, scarves and wraps, a fantastic lacy sweater, comforting gloves and more. The colors in Jade Sapphire are stunning, rich and exciting. These yarns must be felt to be believed and we are thrilled to be able to offer it to you!
- 20% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $60 or more!
- 25% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $120 or more!