Beginning Design for Knitters
Note: This class is currently FULL. If you would like to be placed on the waiting list, please call Customer Service at 800-367-9327.
Learn how to use gauge, stitch pattern repeats, and desired measurements to design your own knitted cowl. We will play with design concepts such as charting a written stitch pattern and converting a flat stitch pattern to working in the round. Participants will choose an inspiring stitch pattern and take it from paper to a wearable accessory. This class is for the adventurous knitter! Please be comfortable with knitting in the round and reading knitting patterns.
Prerequisite: Knitting II, or equivalent
Instructor: Kirsten Hipsky
Dates: Fridays, 3/8, 3/15, 3/22, 4/5
Time: 11am - 1pm
- Circular needles in a variety of sizes and lengths. Shorter lengths are needed for cowls with shorter circumferences, longer lengths for longer circumferences.
- Graph paper. Any grid size is fine, but 10x10 is suggested
- Yarn purchased at Webs - exact yardage depends on size of cowl, gauge and stitch pattern, but 100g of sock weight to 250g of bulky weight should be sufficient for most cowls
- Any preferred, non-charted, stitch dictionaries
- Stitch markers
- 20% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $60 or more!
- 25% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $120 or more!