Cast-Ons and Bind-Offs for Sock Knitters
Do you love to knit socks? Are you looking for ways to make sock knitting even better? This class will show you ways to cast on and bind off that will take your socks to a new level. Need a stretchy cast-on or bind-off for the top of your socks? We'll learn them! What about easy ways to start a toe-up sock? Got that, too! Techniques for both top-down and toe-up socks will be covered. Techniques covered will be different than those offered in the class A Cornucopia of Cast-Ons & A Bevy of Bind-Offs.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Instructor: Leslie Ann Bestor
Date: Wednesday, 2/27
Time: 6 - 9pm
- Approximately 100 yards of worsted weight yarn - Stash yarn may be used.
- Double-pointed needles in a size appropriate for the yarn
- 2 sets of circular needles (any length, and needn't be the same length) in a size appropriate for your yarn
- Tapestry needle
- Your knitting tool kit
Prior to the first class, please complete the following:
Knit two swatches by casting on 20 stitches and knitting in 1x1 ribbing for 3 inches. Leave on scrap yarn or on needle. OR Bring in a pair of toe-up socks that are ready to be bound off.
- 20% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $60 or more!
- 25% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $120 or more!