Puzzled by all the symbols on knitting charts? Do you hesitate to pick up a pattern with a cable chart even though you really want to try cables? Have you turned away from books of beautiful stitch patterns only because they are charted? This is the class for you! Once you know how they work, working from charts is often faster than reading every line of knitting directions. We'll explore a variety of knitting charts, both flat and in the round, in color and in stitch pattern, to get you more familiar with the basics of knitting from charts.
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Instructor: Beth Altimari
Date: Tuesdays 3/12, 3/19, 4/2
Time: 10:30am - 12:30pm
- Charts Made Simple by JC Briar (discountable)
- Approximately 200 yards total of 2 or more colors of plain worsted weight yarn for trying out charts. Leftovers from projects or yarns from your stash are fine. Please choose medium to light colors.
- A pair of straight size US 7 needles
- One set of double pointed needles size US 7.
- A few pairs of straight and circular needles in US sizes 6, 7, or 8.
- A cable needle in a size appropriate for worsted weight yarn
- Stitch holders, or firm cotton yarn or string
- A tapestry sewing needle
Prior to the first class, please complete the following:
- Using straight or circular needles, cast on 29 stitches. Do not join.
- Work 4 rows of garter stitch, (knit every row).
- Purl one row.
- Bring to class on needles.