Sebastian Gloves with Kristin Nicholas
The Sebastian Gloves by Kristin Nicholas have been a huge hit since they appeared on the cover of our WEBS fall catalog. Lots of people are hoping to make these as gifts this year and have questions about their construction, so designer Kristin Nicholas has agreed to run a class exploring the details of the gloves!
These gloves use color, texture and embroidery to create a unique and cozy knit project. In this class you'll knit a pair of gloves which will be started in the first session. There will be plenty of time between classes to make lots of progress before returning for tips on the tricky transition to the fingers. This class will focus on the cabled cuff version of the gloves, but by the end of your time with Kristin, you will have all the skills you need to knit both styles of the gloves.
We're giving away a Color by Kristin yarn pack to one lucky person who registers for this class. The yarn pack includes 25g sample balls of all twenty colors of Classic Elite Yarns Color by Kristin plus the Color by Kristin Book 2 pattern book! We'll be doing the drawing on the first day of class.
Skill level: Please be comfortable knitting cables and knitting small projects on double pointed needles.
Instructor: Kristin Nicholas
Date and Time: Thursdays, 11/8 and 11/29; 6 - 8pm
Sebastian Gloves Pattern: You can download it here.
- 2 balls Color By Kristin by Classic Elite Yarns in your main color
- 1 ball Color By Kristin by Classic Elite Yarns in a contrast color
- 1 ball Color By Kristin by Classic Elite Yarns in another contrast color
- US 5 double pointed needles
- US 7 double pointed needles (Or size needed to obtain gauge on larger needles. See below.)
Prior to class please complete the following:
Knit a swatch with your yarn and larger needles. Change needle size until you get a gauge of 20 stitches over 4” in stockinette stitch.
- 20% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $60 or more!
- 25% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $120 or more!