Note: This class is currently FULL. If you would like to be placed on the waiting list, please call Customer Service at 800-367-9327.
In this class we will use Elizabeth Zimmermann's Percentage System to design a yoke sweater with patterning you choose. It is a straight forward system that helps you create a sweater to your measurements. Bring your stitch dictionaries for color work, some colored pencils and a creative attitude. Skills taught include swatching in the round, short row shaping, grafting, centering motifs, and phony seams. Prerequisite: Must be comfortable doing stranded two-color knitting Instructor: Annie Foley Date: Sundays 3/3, 3/10, 3/17, 3/24, 4/7, 4/14, 4/21 Time: 2 - 4pm (Please note: The first two meetings will run 2 - 5pm) Materials Required:
- Knitting with Two Colors by Meg Swansen and Amy Detjen
- Yarn will be purchased during the first day of class.
- 16" and 24" circular needles in a range appropriate for worsted weight yarn
- Swatching will be done during the first class.
- Bring your favorite colorwork stitch dictionaries
- stitch markers
- A sweater that fits you well. This sweater can be handmade or storebought. It will just be used for helping to determine size.