Photoshop Elements: Techniques for Dobby Weavers with Deborah Holcomb
In this class, you will learn how to use Photoshop Elements creatively to develop lift plans for unique designs that express your own creative vision. These files can then be imported into your weaving program to drive a computerized dobby loom or they can be printed and used as a pattern to hand-peg lifts for a mechanical dobby head. Photoshop Elements is an inexpensive tool with many powerful features which permit you to create original designs quickly and easily that you are unlikely to come up with in any other way. But beware! This process quickly becomes addictive. Once you start developing designs this way, you may never stop!
Prerequisite: This class is for students who weave on dobby looms, with or without an electronic interface, and who want to learn how to use Photoshop, alone or in conjunction with a weaving program, to develop original designs and turn them into lift plans.
Instructor: Deborah Holcomb
Date and Time: Saturday and Sunday, 11/10 and 11/11; 10am - 4pm
- You will need to bring your laptop with Photoshop Elements (or Photoshop CS) installed—the demo version is fine if you don’t (yet) own it.
- You will also want to have a weaving program that supports the WIF file format.
- In addition, there will be a fee for handouts and sample files of $10 per student, payable to the instructor on the day of class.
Prior to the first class, please complete the following:
- Please load Photoshop Elements (or Photoshop CS) onto your computer.
- 20% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $60 or more!
- 25% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $120 or more!