- Knitting & Crochet
- Weaving & Spinning
- Books, Patterns & Kits
Classes & Events
Note: This class is currently FULL. If you would like to be placed on the waiting list, please call Customer Service at 800-367-9327.
This lively and intensive course is designed as an introduction to the basic techniques of weaving: winding a warp, dressing the loom and weaving a finished piece. Also included will be an exploration of the basic woven structures – plain weave and twills in their many variations, designing and drafting a project and calculating yarn requirements. You will also learn about looms and equipment, yarns, and finishing techniques. Looms are provided. This is a great experience for beginners as well as weavers who would like a refresher! Note: There is no loom deposit for this class. Use of a loom is included in tuition.
Skill Level: Beginner
Instructor: Carol Birtwistle
Date: Saturday and Sunday, 4/27, 4/28, 5/4, 5/5
Time: 9am - 5pm
- Approximately $30 worth of materials will be purchased with the guidance of the instructor.
- Two 2-inch diameter notebook rings (available at stationary stores)
- Five grocery bags: the brown paper kind, with the bottoms cut out, or a roll of brown Kraft wrapping paper
- Paper or cloth measuring tape
- 3 ring binder (for 8½ x 11 paper)
- Graph paper (6 or 8 squares to the inch)
- Pencils with erasers
- A pair of long heavy duty shoelaces (used are fine)
- 6 rubber bands
- Straight pins with a large round head
- Large tapestry needle
- A chair cushion is optional
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
(3 of 3 customers found this review helpful)
By Donna the newbie
from Windsor Locks, CT
About Me Beginning weaver
Comments about Weekend Weaving:
I took this class in 2010 and really didn't even know which side of the loom was the " front"! Great class and Carol covers a great deal of material. In one year I have acquired 4 used looms and love this new hobby. Only wish I had found this about 20 years ago! You literally can know absolutely nothing about looms or weaving and leave this class with the ability to weave some great pieces. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED...