Take 1, take 2, ... take 15! It's not always easy creating knitting, crochet, weaving, and spinning videos. Enjoy some of the best outtakes from video shoots at WEBS - America's Yarn Store from the past two years.
WEBS America's Yarn Store Owner Steve Elkins gives you a glimpse into some of the yarns on sale in the Year End Sale.
Sale starts online on December 20th, 2012 and runs until January 1, 2013 11:59pm EST. In-store sale starts December 26th, 2012 and runs until December 31, 2012.
Note: This video is best viewed in Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.
See what WEBS staff members are buzzing about for this holiday season! For more gift ideas, browse our Holiday Gift Guide.
Some of the products in this video are listed below.
- Stephanie recommends Vogue Knitting Knitopedia and Knitter’s Handbook.
- Theresa is knitting a top-down v-neck sweater with Brown Sheep Lamb’s Pride Bulky.
- Theo is considering 55 Christmas Balls to Knit by Arne & Carlos.
- Wool Pets Needle Felting Kits are Malea’s favorite holiday gift item.
- Grace would love to get a yarn swift.
- Kirsten recommends Barbara Walker’s A Treasury of Knitting Patterns and A Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns.
- Deb would really like the Knitter’s Pride Symfonie Rose Crochet Hook Set for Christmas.
- Greta says that 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders, Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders, One-Skein Wonders, and Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders are great books to give a knitter and have lots of ideas for knitted gifts too.
- Karen suggests Valley Yarns Spotted Christmas Stocking Kits as a great project for the holidays.
- Ken is getting his grandmother a skein of Valley Yarns Franklin Hand Dyed because it’s dyed by one of our staff members.
- Ashley picks Anzula Squishy.
- Angela would be excited to work with Manos del Uruguay Maxima.
- Leslie Ann says the Schacht Cricket Loom is a great gift for kids or somebody interested in trying out weaving.
- Gail thinks a Leclerc Fringe Twister would be a great gift for a knitter or weaver.
- Kane says Knitter’s Pride Cubics Needles are all the rage in the knitting world right now.
- Jeff wants more hats knit out of Madeleintosh Tosh Vintage.
- Dena loves making monsters for her nieces and nephews from Rebecca Danger’s The Big Book of Knitted Monsters.
We're super excited to be spreading out into our new warehouse in Easthampton, Massachusetts. Go behind the scenes with Steve Elkins for a glimpse at the new space.
What is an Expert Knitter? An Expert Knitter needs only yarn, needles and measurements to construct hats, mittens, socks, and sweaters of various types. An Expert Knitter has acquired the knowledge to master additional techniques independently.
In addition to our regular class offerings, WEBS has developed a program leading to certification as a WEBS Expert Knitter. Our goal is to provide our students with the skills an Expert Knitter must possess by means of a varied, interesting, and comprehensive curriculum. We have designated a total of fifteen classes/workshops as Core Requirements. There will also be three required electives, one in knitting and one in each of two other disciplines such as crochet, weaving, spinning, etc.
A Capstone Project will be the culmination of the program for students. This project will require students to utilize the skills they have learned to design, knit and finish an original sweater in pieces from measurements. For this final project, students will be assigned a mentor for support, consultation and advice. The final project will be reviewed by a committee and, if accepted, the WEBS' Expert Knitters Certificate will be awarded.
Get a closer look at WEBS - America's Yarn Store and the customers who shop here. This video was featured in the National Retail Federation's This is Retail video contest.
Take a look at the different knitting styles of WEBS staff members!
- 20% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $60 or more!
- 25% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $120 or more!