- Knitting & Crochet
- Weaving & Spinning
- Books & Patterns
Classes & Events
In celebration of forty years of business, WEBS - America's Yarn Store is having a contest celebrating both the creativity and the artistic skill of our customers. WEBS customers are invited to submit their handwoven items in the Contest to have them judged by our esteemed panel of judges in a two-stage process.
Items must be handwoven by the participant within the last two years. At least 75% of yarns must be from WEBS (Valley Fibers Corp.).
- Accessories (wearable) – shawls, scarves, purses, liturgical, etc.
- Decorative (functional and non-functional) – towels, linens, rugs, pillows, blankets, wall hangings, etc.
- Clothing – loom-shaped and constructed
- Byways in Weaving – rigid heddle, inkle, card, frame and pin looms
Prizes in each category, given in WEBS gift certificates:
- Winner $400
- Runner Up $240
- Honorable Mention $140
WEBS employees and their families are not eligible.
Entries will be narrowed down to finalists based on submitted photos and entry form, and then the winners will be determined by judges based on the actual items. Decisions by the judges will be final.
- Submit entry form and up to 3 photos/digital images – include a fullview and a close up. Click here for entry form.
- Do not send actual item or samples. Only finalists’ entries will need to be sent to us for final judging.
- Entries may also be mailed to Weaving Contest, WEBS America’s Yarn Store, 6 Industrial Pkwy, Easthampton, MA 01027.
Entry deadline is May 19, 2014.
- Each weaver may submit up to 3 entries.
Finalists will be notified on May 23, 2014 and must ship item to WEBS America’s Yarn Store, c/o 40th Anniversary Contest, 6 Industrial Pkwy, Easthampton, MA 01027 by June 2, 2014. The judges and/or WEBS retain the right to disqualify any work that is unacceptable or differs greatly from the slide or digital image.
Winners will be announced at Convergence 2014. Finalists and winners will be displayed at WEBS America’s Yarn Store in Northampton, MA during Weaving and Spinning Week (Oct 6 – 12) 2014.
Finalist pieces will be returned to the weaver via UPS or USPS at the end of the gallery show in October.
Frequently Asked Questions:
I wove something on my rigid heddle loom. Do I have to enter it in the Byways category?
You are free to enter your piece in whichever category you choose.
Can I use mill end yarns in my entry?
The contest rules state that 75% of the yarn used in the piece must be purchased from WEBS and we have sold many yarns over the years, including mill ends. However, the spirit and intention of the contest is to see what is being created with the yarns WEBS has developed for weavers through our Valley Yarns label and we encourage you to work with that in mind.