Fall 2012 Issue
This 148-page special issue from PieceWork magazine explores the rich variety and techniques of crochet with 28 patterns for mittens, a skirt, hats, a shawl, bags, socks, and more. Companion stories frame projects in their cultural or historical context. In addition to this beautiful treasury of tradition and design, crocheters from novice to advanced will love the special focus on techniques, ranging from Irish crochet and tapestry to Tunisian and filet.
Included in this issue:
- Learn six separate motifs in one knockout Clones Irish lace project. Filet and broomstick lace patterns are also included.
- Travel to India to learn about the tradition of crocheting coins into purses.
- Explore the tapestry crocheted hats of the Foumban people of Cameroon in western Africa and make your own.
- Fun vintage crochet patterns: a doll’s dress, a sweet donkey based on a 1936 Needlecraft magazine pattern, a cat, and a lamb.
- A grandmother and a great-grandmother’s legacy of crocheted work create fond memories in the lives of two authors and led to two designs based on the original work.
- And so much more!
- 20% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $60 or more!
- 25% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $120 or more!