Zip reminds me of a bull fight… you hold it out, your wild-one runs into it, you zip them down the back as they dash by and away they go! No struggle pulling it over the head or keeping it on because once they are zipped in, they can’t get it off.
The sweater is knitted sideways from left cuff to right cuff, casting on and binding off for the front and back. The hood is knitted separately and sewn on.
Skills Needed: General knitting skills, moss st, short row shaping, zipper installation.
Size: 12–18 months (18–24 months)
* Chest: 26 (30)"
* Length: 12 (14.25)"
Yarn: Sample knitted in #628 Azul.
* 4 skeins Blue Sky Alpaca’s Dyed Cotton (100% Organic Cotton, 100 grams/150 yds).
* 5 (6) skeins Rowan All Seasons Cotton ((60% cotton/40% acrylic, 50g/98 yds).
* 5 (6) skeins GGH Samoa (50% cotton/50%acrylic, 50g/95m).
Needles: #8 or size needed to obtain gauge.
Notions: Zipper: molded plastic sports weight. Measure your finished hoodie for length. (Note: I used a long separating zipper and cut it down to the desired length).
* Sewing needle and thread to install zipper.
* Two buttons 0.75–1" in diameter
Gauge: 17 sts/23 rows = 4" square in St st and #8 needles.
- Julie Weisenberger
- 20% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $60 or more!
- 25% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $120 or more!