Imperial Yarn Felted Winter Duo Bag/Hat PDF
This charming pillbox hat with its matching bag is perfect for the coldest months of the year. Easy to knit...felts like a dream. Made with the finest Columbia wool from the historic Imperial Stock Ranch in Maupin, Oregon.
This pattern is available as a PDF download only.
Bag (after felting) 11” (40.5 cm) in length (measured to lower edge of Fair Isle
pattern), 30” (76 cm) in circumference.
Hat (after felting) 4 1/2” (11.5 cm) deep, 22” (56 cm) circumference.
Measurements may vary depending upon the degree of felting. The greater the
felting, the smaller the measurements.
- (Bag) Imperial Yarn Columbia 2 ply yarn (100% wool, 4 oz. skeins), (MC) 2 skeins, (CC) 1 skein.
- (Hat) (MC) 1 skein, (CC) 1 skein. Colors shown 118 Wild Iris and 01 Natural
- US size 11 (8 mm) 24” circular and dpn
- Size J/10 (7 mm) crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch marker
- Few yards of smooth waste cotton yarn for provisional (temporary) CO
- About 3 yds (2.75 m) of nylon cord to maintain open eyelets during the felting process
Gauge: (before felting) 12 sts & 12 rows = 4” (10 cm) in circ St st using size
11 (8 mm) needles. Adjust needle sizes if necessary to obtain correct gauge.
Note: Knitting will be slightly loose prior to felting.
- Jean Lampe
- 20% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $60 or more!
- 25% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $120 or more!