DVDs & Videos
Big and Lofty Yarns DVD
Spin the big, soft yarns of your dreams
When you start spinning, it seems like all you can spin are fat, lumpy yarns—then you get the hang of it and figure out how to make fine, smooth, thin yarns, and you spend the rest of your spinning career trying to figure out how to make those smooth yarns big and lofty. In this video, Maggie Casey demystifies the process, explaining just how to make miles of the soft big yarns you want to knit, weave, and crochet with.
With this workshop, you will:
- Prepare you wool on a drumcarder.
- Learn how to adjust your wheel's take-up.
- Use the perfect drafting technique for trapping air in your yarn and getting it on your bobbin as quickly as possible.
- Learn how to preserve the loftiness of the yarn through plying and finishing.
Maggie Casey's soothing voice and gentle encouragement are surpassed only by her spinning knowledge gleaned through years of teaching at her spinning shop in Boulder, Colorado. Let her guide you on your spinning journey to a land of big, beautiful yarns—made by you! 90 minutes, Interweave Press
- Maggie Casey
- 20% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $60 or more!
- 25% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $120 or more!