First Crochet Cardigan
Ready to move beyond the world of scarves to the world of sweaters? In this class you will make a basic worsted-weight cardigan. The main goal of this class is to teach you how to finish your sweater using vertical to vertical, horizontal to horizontal and vertical to horizontal seaming techniques. You will also learn how to attach a ribbed neckline, hem and button band and discuss many tips and tricks of sweater-making. This cardigan must be made for the person crocheting it. The majority of the crocheting will be done outside of class, so be prepared for homework in order to take advantage of in-class technique practice.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Instructor: Sara Delaney
Date and Time: Wednesdays; 10/10, 10/17, 10/31, 11/14, 12/5 and 12/12; 6 - 8pm
- Worsted weight yarn in one of the following amounts: Finished Size: 36 (40, 44, 48, 52)” ; About 1500 (1700, 1900, 2100, 2300) yards
- Crochet hook in a size that gives you a gauge of approximately 4 sc to the inch, (usually a G hook)
- Bring a sweater that fits you well. We will use it to help determine the size sweater you will crochet.
- Your Crochet Tool Kit
- 20% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $60 or more!
- 25% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $120 or more!