First Knitted Cardigan
Note: This class is currently FULL. If you would like to be placed on the waiting list, please call Customer Service at 800-367-9327.
Ready to move beyond the world of scarves to the world of sweaters? In this class you will make a basic worsted-weight cardigan. The main goal of this class is to teach you how to finish your sweater using vertical to vertical, horizontal to horizontal and vertical to horizontal seaming techniques. You will also learn how to pick up stitches for a neckline and button band and discuss many tips and tricks of sweater-making. This cardigan must be made for the person knitting it. The majority of the knitting will be done outside of class, so be prepared for homework in order to take advantage of in-class technique practice.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Instructor: Beth Altimari
Date: Tuesdays 5/14, 5/28, 6/18, 7/9, 7/23, 8/6
Time: 10:30am - 12:30pm
• Worsted weight yarn in one of the following amounts: Finished Size: 36 (40, 44, 48, 52)” / 1000 (1200, 1400, 1600, 1800) yards
• Needles in a size that gives you a gauge of 5 sts/inch
• Needles one or two sizes smaller than those that give you gauge for ribbing
• Tape measure
• Bring a sweater that fits you well. We will use it to help determine the size sweater you will knit.
• Your knitting tool kit
Prior to the first class, please complete the following:
Knit a 6” x 6” stockinette stitch swatch with your chosen yarn and with needles that will give you a gauge of 5 stitches to the inch.
Wash and gently block your swatch according to label directions.
Bring swatch to the first class.
For more information about our tuition, fees, and refund policies, please click here.
- 20% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $60 or more!
- 25% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $120 or more!