Latvian Wristers: A Study of Latvian Mitten Cuff Techniques with Beth Brown-Reinsel
Using wristers as a template, some of the beautiful knitting methods of Latvia will be studied in this class. Knit one of a pair of wristers to learn the following techniques which can be applied to mitten cuffs, sock tops or sleeves: a scalloped cuff, the herringbone braid and many subtle and beautiful variations of the half-braid. A choice of traditional motifs is incorporated in the main part of the wrister. Additional colorwork techniques will be discussed. Please be proficient with double pointed needles, Magic Loop, or working with two circulars when joining this class.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Instructor: Beth Brown-Reinsel
Date: Sunday 3/10
Time: 1 - 4pm
- 1 oz. each of 4 colors of sport weight yarn.
- One set of 3.5mm (US size 4) short double pointed needles. (If you are proficient in the magic loop or working with two circs, you may bring the appropriate needles.)
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch markers
- Sticky notes or magnetic board to aid in reading the text or chart.
- 20% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $60 or more!
- 25% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $120 or more!