Note: This class is currently FULL. If you would like to be placed on the waiting list, please call Customer Service at 800-367-9327.
In this class, you will complete a pair of mittens and a pair of socks to your own measurements, out of any yarn and at your own gauge, using a tried and true formula. By the end of the class you will be able to make mittens and socks for everyone you know and be sure they will fit.
Please note: This class is designed for knitters who are already comfortable using double-pointed needles.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Instructor: Beth Altimari
Date: Tuesdays, 7/16, 7/23, 7/30, 8/13, 8/20, 8/27
Time: 6 - 8pm
For Mittens choose one of the following:
• One set of dpns one or two sizes smaller than suggested on your ball band. (If you would like a tighter ribbing, purchase a second set of double pointed needles one or two sizes smaller than your first set.)
For Socks choose a DK or worsted weight yarn. Thicker yarns will create a thicker, warmer sock. If you have never made socks before, it is advisable to choose a worsted-weight yarn so that you will see the techniques better as you knit.
Please purchase the amount of yarn that matches your foot size:
• Several sets of dpns. Bring several sizes of needles with you that are in the range of the needle size recommended on the yarn label. You will knit a gauge swatch during class. For a denser sock you may want to use a needle sized smaller than recommended on the yarn label.
• Nancy Lindberg Fittin' Mittens pattern
• Nancy Lindberg Knit To Fit Socks pattern
• Smooth cotton scrap yarn to use as a stitch holder
• Stitch Markers
• Measuring tape
• Your knitting tool kit
Please complete the following, prior to class:
Three stockinette stitch swatches:
Using some worsted weight scrap yarn (not your project yarn), cast on 18 stitches, knit in st st for 3 inches.
Do not cast off. Leave all three swatches on scrap yarn or stitch holders.
For more information about our tuition, fees, and refund policies, please click here.