If you want to have more control over the sweaters you knit, or want to launch yourself into design, this class is an essential first step. After taking this class, you will only need needles, yarn and measurements to build a custom-fitted sweater! The goal of this class is to lay a solid foundation, so we will focus on understanding and executing basic sweater construction principles. You will generate a stockinette stitch, set-in sleeve pullover, with a round or V-neck, in bottom-up pieces to your desired fit. This is an advanced class. Please read the prerequisites listed.
Prerequisites: This class is open only to those who have completed First Pullover, Fearless Finishing and Advanced Fearless Finishing.
Instructor: Erin Holman
Date: Tuesdays, 2/26, 3/12, 4/2, 4/16
Time: 6 - 9pm
- A sweater's worth of yarn. See store staff if you need help with yardage estimation. Yarn should be basic; for this class avoid overly textured yarns.
- Knitwear Design Workshop by Shirley Paden
- Your knitting tool kit
- Further materials may be required as the course progresses. This will be decided with the instructor’s guidance.
- Optional, but strongly recommended: Bring a sweater(s), either hand knit or commercial, that exhibits your desired fit.
Please complete the following, prior to class:
- Knit a swatch at least 6" x 6" in the yarn, needle size and stitch pattern you hope to use for your sweater.
- Read chapters 1-3 of Knitwear Design Workshop by Shirley Paden