Note: This class is currently FULL. If you would like to be placed on the waiting list, please call Customer Service at 800-367-9327.
Imagine this: no more dependence on patterns, no more endless purling, no more poor fit, and no more sewing seams! The top-down raglan you knit will be your own design and made to your own measurements. There is no pattern, only a formula into which you plug your numbers. This style of sweater is not only fun to make and very comfortable, but it will also reflect your own unique sense of style. This sweater must be made for the person knitting it and the knitter must have a real sense of adventure. Skill Level: Advanced Instructor: Erin Holman Date: Tuesdays, 5/14, 5/21, 6/4, 6/18 Time: 6 - 8pm (first class till 8:30) Materials Required:
• Knitting From the Top by Barbara Walker (15% discount)
• A sweater's worth of worsted-weight yarn (suggestions: Valley Yarns Berkshire Worsted, Amherst, Northampton, Stockbridge). See store staff if you need help with yardage estimation.
• Circular (16" and 32") and double-pointed needles in size to get gauge you would like to use for this project
• Your knitting tool kit Prior to the first class, please complete the following:
• Read pages 9-50 of Knitting From the Top
• Knit a 6” x 6” stockinette swatch, changing needle size until you obtain the gauge you would like to use for this project.
For more information about our tuition, fees, and refund policies, please click here.