Garment Construction & Finshing Techniques for Weavers with Daryl Lancaster
A crash course in garment construction, embellishment, piecing, fit, finishing, and all around fun! For weavers or anyone interested in learning to construct great looking and great fitting garments. Learn to be creative with your seam finishes, buttonholes, closures, linings, and embellishment. This is a terrific class for those wanting to learn to sew clothing from their hand-woven or other special fabric, as well as for more experienced individuals wanting polished and professional results. Sewing machine optional!
Date and Time: Saturday, 3/31 and Sunday, 4/1; 9:30am - 4:30pm
Skill Level: All
- Tape measure
- 6" seam gauge (the kind with the sliding marker)
- Sewing machine in good working order, with manual and any accessories
- Power strip and/or extension cord
- Good scissors or dressmakers shears
- Embroidery scissors
- Notebook and pen (a highlighter really helps)
- Lots of scraps to play with
- Any show and tell, questions or problems, that you would like feedback on from the instructor and/or the class
- All of the above supplies are optional if you wish to just listen, take notes, and dream!
- Optional black and white set of handouts will be available for $20.00 (payable to instructor)
- 20% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $60 or more!
- 25% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $120 or more!