Explore the wonders of texture on the rigid heddle loom by utilizing a simple pick-up stick in two positions to create a waffle weave effect. We will weave an 8” x 20” rectangle, and learn some simple finishing techniques to turn the fabric into 2 useful hot mats to protect your table in style.
Participants should be comfortable warping and doing basic weaving on the rigid heddle loom. Prerequisite: Intro to Rigid Heddle, or equivalent Instructor: Marthe Young Date: Saturday 6/15 Time: 10am - 3pm Materials Required:
• $5 supply fee payable to instructor on the day of class for a finish work kit (includes use of a sewing machine, thermal backing, thread and border fabric)
• 3 skeins Valley Yarns Goshen
• an old terry cloth towel to cut up for insulation
• a package of black double fold bias tape (found at a craft store that carries sewing supplies)
• tape measure
• one brown paper bag If you need to rent a rigid heddle loom for this class, there are a limited number available for a $25 rental fee. Please contact the education manager for more details.
For more information about our tuition, fees, and refund policies, please click here.