This five-day class covers the same information and project work that is taught in our 6-week beginner/refresher class. You will learn the basic techniques of weaving: winding a warp, dressing the loom and weaving at least two projects. Also included will be an exploration of the basic woven structures - plain weave and twills in their many variations. You will also learn about designing and drafting a project, calculating yarn requirements, looms and equipment, yarns, and finishing techniques. You will leave this class with the ability to design a project, warp a loom, weave on your own and know where help is readily available. Be prepared to hit the ground running!
Skill Level: Beginner
Instructor: Carol Birtwistle
Date & Time: Mon.- Fri., August 16 - 20; 10:00am - 5:00pm
Materials Cost: $40.00
• Two 2-inch diameter notebook rings (available at stationary stores)
• Five grocery bags … the brown paper kind, with the bottoms cut out, or a roll of brown Kraft wrapping paper
• Tape measure
• 3 ring binder (for 8½² x 11² paper)
• Graph paper (6 or 8 squares to the inch)
• Pencils with erasers
• A pair of long heavy duty shoelaces (used are fine)
• 6 rubber bands
• Straight pins with a large round head
• Large tapestry needle
• A cushion to place on our uncomfortable folding chairs (optional)
- 20% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $60 or more!
- 25% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $120 or more!