Winding a Warp - A Refresher Workshop
Been away from weaving for a bit and need a refresher? Need some motivation to get going on the next project? Then join us for this hands-on workshop! Each student will wind a 3-yard warp for a project of their choice (400 ends or less). The class will focus on winding for even tension, creating the cross, how to track thread counts, and where to place choke ties to tame the warp when it comes off the warping board. Threading with 2 ends at once will also be discussed.
Please note: Participants will choose from a few selected WEBS drafts. Instructor permission may be given to students to use another draft of their choosing.
Prerequisite: Students must already know how to weave on a multi-harness loom.
Instructor: Leslie Ann Bestor
Date: Saturday, March 23rd
Time: 9am - 12pm
Participants will choose from one of the following selected WEBS drafts: (If you would like to discuss bringing a draft other than those listed below, please contact the instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- #57 Blue and White striped dishtowels
- #33 4-shaft Twill Towels
- #65 Four-Shaft Advancing Twill Scarf
- #42 Spot Bronson Scarf in tencel for 8 shafts (free pattern, available in-store only)
- Please bring a photocopy of your draft so that you can write on it.
- Appropriate yarn for your warp – be sure to purchase in advance of class
- Paper and pencil
Please complete the following prior to class:
- Select and procure a draft
- Purchase yarn
- 20% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $60 or more!
- 25% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $120 or more!