Katje appears to be a basic shawl collar hoodie but her construction is a bit surprising. She is knitted from the top of the hoodie down and is completely seamless. She is also very easy to modify; knit her longer, shorter, try a different edging or cuff. Whatever you do, she’s a fun and quick knit on #9 needles.
Skills Needed: General knitting skills plus provisional cast-on and knowledge of short row shaping.
Size: small (medium, large, x-large, xx-large)
* Bust size: 33–35 (36–38, 40–42, 44–46)"
* Finished length: 21 (22, 23, 24, 25)"
Yarn: 8 (9, 10, 11, 12) skeins Queensland Collection Kathmandu Aran (85% merino, 10% silk, 5% cashmere; 50g/104 yds).
* 2 (2, 3, 3, 3) skeins Eco Wool or Eco+ (100% Wool, 250gr/478 yds)
* Approx 850 (950, 1050, 1150, 1250) yds of heavy worsted yarn calling for #9 needles and 16 sts/1"
Needles: Two sets of 24" or longer circular #9 needles or size needed to obtain gauge.
Notions: A brooch or belt may be used to close this jacket. (Instructions for a knitted belt are inlcuded.) You could also add button-holes to the right front band if desired.
Gauge: Over St st using #9 needles: 16 sts and 22 rows = 4" square
- Julie Weisenberger
- 20% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $60 or more!
- 25% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $120 or more!