Cocoknits Malabrigo Loafers
Malabrigo yarn is so soft… wearing these loafers is like walking in a cloud.
Skills Needed: Cast on, bind off, knit, purl, pick up stitches, circular knitting with two needles, and short row shaping. Single crochet (optional).
Note: this is not a beginner project, see skills needed for more information.
* Small: Women’s size 6-8
* Medium: Women’s size 8-10
* Large: Men’s size 10-12
The pattern is the same for each of the sizes. The needle size determines the size of the slipper. The loafers will stretch with wearing, so if in doubt, knit a size smaller.
Yarn: Two skeins Malabrigo Worsted, used doubled throughout (100% merino wool, 3.5 oz, 215 yds). Yarn used in samples:
* Small: 2 skeins #11 Apple Green (used as MC and CC)
* Medium: 1 skein #35 Frank Ochre (MC), 1 skein #42 Garnet (CC)
* Large: 1 skein #20 Cypress (MC) and 1 skein #140 Dark Earth (CC)
* Small: two circular #8 needles
* Medium: two circular #9 needles
* Large: two circular #10 needles. Note: Circular needles can be any length
Notions: Scrap yarn for embellishments (optional).
Gauge: All sizes are in stockinette stitch and have two strands of yarn held together.
* Small: 16 sts across 4" using #8 needles
* Medium: 15 sts across 4" using #9 needles
* Large: 14 sts across 4" using #10 needles
- Julie Weisenberger
- 20% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $60 or more!
- 25% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $120 or more!