- Knitting & Crochet
- Weaving & Spinning
- Books & Patterns
Classes & Events
We are seeking an experienced knitter with a strong retail background to fill a part-time position (24 hours per week) in our retail store. Skill in crochet, spinning and/or weaving is desired. WEBS is a demanding, often fast-paced and positive work environment with a knowledgeable staff known for its excellent customer service.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
* strong background in the fiber arts,
* exceptional retail sales and customer service skills,
* ability to interpret knitting and crochet patterns to assist our customers with appropriate
* knowledge of diverse fiber qualities and ability to recommend suitable yarn substitutions when necessary,
* basic computer and math skills,
* ease in working with a computer-based POS system,
* ability to lift 25 pounds, stand, squat, reach, bend, sit, climb, lean and stand for long periods of time,
* ability to work Saturdays and Thursday evenings, and
* access to reliable transportation (WEBS is open during most New England weather conditions).
WEBS is open Monday - Saturday 10 - 5:30, and Thursdays until 8. We offer competitive wages, 401K retirement plan, and 6 paid holidays per year.
To apply, please email your resume, in addition to 3 relevant professional references, to Elizabeth Decker (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, May 6, 2016. Resumes may also be dropped off in person at WEBS, 75 Service Center Road, Northampton, MA 01060.
WEBS, America's Yarn Store is seeking to hire an Order Picker with excellent organizational and people skills to join our busy shipping department.
Duties and requirements include but are not limited to:
- Familiar with computer based shipping programs
- Basic math skills
- Possess excellent work ethic and positive attendance record
- Must pass criminal background check
- Able to stand for long periods of time (as this job requires you to be on your feet)
- Able to reach, bend, stretch, climb, kneel, sit, squat, lean and twist
- Able to lift a minimum of 25lbs
- Works well in a team setting and able to meet team goals
WEBS shipping department functions as a team in every aspect of the word.
How our Shipping Department works:
Our Receiver, receives orders and gets them distributed throughout the store so that the Stockers can get the shelves full. Pickers, pick the orders from the warehouse and store and bring completed orders to the Packers. Packers, pack the orders in boxes, double check the order, print shipping labels and put the boxes in bins to be shipped out. Shipping must work as a cohesive group to keep things running smoothly for everyone.
There is often overtime hours offered in the shipping department, although it is not required, it is available to everyone.
WEBS always seeks to promote from within. If you are hired in shipping and find another position available that you would like to apply for you will always be given first consideration before we look outside the company. Most of our employees have been here for 3 years or longer, some longer than 10. We keep our staff by offering a pleasant work environment, and competitive benefits and pay.
Please email resume to:
Or regular mail to:
Attn: P. Kakos
6 Industrial Parkway
Easthampton, MA 01027
If you are interested in a position, please email your resume to the head of the department you wish to apply for. Or you may mail to WEBS, 75 Service Center Road, Northampton, MA 01060 attention to the department head specified below.