We are seeking an experienced knitter with a strong retail background to fill a part-time position (24 hours per week) in our retail store. Skill in crochet, spinning and/or weaving is desired. WEBS is a demanding, often fast-paced, and positive work environment with a knowledgeable staff known for its excellent customer service.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
* strong background in the fiber arts,
* exceptional retail sales and customer service skills,
* ability to interpret knitting and crochet patterns to assist our customers with appropriate
* knowledge of diverse fiber qualities and ability to recommend suitable yarn substitutions when necessary,
* basic computer and math skills,
* ease in working with a computer-based POS system,
* ability to lift 25 pounds, stand, squat, reach, bend, sit, climb, lean and stand for long periods of time,
* ability to work Saturdays and Thursday evenings, and
* access to reliable transportation (WEBS is open during most New England weather conditions).
WEBS is open Monday - Saturday 10 - 5:30, and Thursdays until 8. We offer competitive wages, 401K retirement plan, and 6 paid holidays per year.
To apply, please email your resume, in addition to 3 relevant professional references, to Stephanie Gibbs (email@example.com) by Friday, August 22, 2014. Resumes may also be dropped off in person at WEBS, 75 Service Center Road, Northampton, MA 01060.
If you are interested in another position, please email your resume to the head of the department you wish to apply for. Or you may mail to WEBS, 75 Service Center Road, Northampton, MA 01060 attention to the department head specified below.
Retail Store: contact Stephanie Gibbs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Shipping: contact Pete Kakos: email@example.com
Customer Service: contact Linda Burt: firstname.lastname@example.org