RETAIL STORE PART-TIME POSITION
We are seeking an experienced knitter with a strong retail background to fill a part-time position (24 hours per week) in our retail store. Skill in crochet, spinning and/or weaving is desired. WEBS is a demanding, often fast-paced, and positive work environment with a knowledgeable staff known for its excellent customer service.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- strong background in the fiber arts,
- exceptional retail sales and customer service skills,
- ability to interpret knitting and crochet patterns to assist our customers with appropriate yarn selections,
- knowledge of diverse fiber qualities and ability to recommend suitable yarn substitutions when necessary,
- basic computer and math skills,
- ease in working with a computer-based POS system,
- ability to lift 25 pounds, stand, squat, reach, bend, sit, climb, lean and stand for long periods of time,
- ability to work Saturdays and Thursday evenings, and
- access to reliable transportation (WEBS is open during most New England weather conditions).
WEBS is open Monday through Saturday 10:00am-5:30pm, and Thursdays until 8. We offer competitive wages, 401K retirement plan, and 6 paid holidays per year.
To apply, please email your resume, in addition to 3 relevant professional references, to Stephanie Gibbs (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, October 10, 2014. Resumes may also be dropped off in person at WEBS, 75 Service Center Road, Northampton, MA 01060.
CUSTOMER SERVICE FULL-TIME POSITION
WEBS - America's Yarn Store is looking for one outstanding individual to add to our Customer Service Team. This is a full time, 40 hr/week position. Work days are Monday through Friday, 9:30am-5:30pm. Our customer service team answers phone calls and knitting questions, takes orders, assists customers with yarn gauge requirements for their patterns and handles general customer service inquiries.
Job requirements and duties include but are not limited to:
- Basic computer and math skills
- Ability to read and understand knitting patterns and to assist customers with their knitting questions over the phone
- General knowledge of the fiber arts
- Strong background in customer service
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Pleasant phone voice and demeanor
- Desire to work as part of a team
To apply, email resume to email@example.com by Friday, October 10, 2014
or you can mail to:
75 Service Center Road
Northampton, MA 01060
Attn: Linda Burt
If you are interested in another position, please email your resume to the head of the department you wish to apply for. Or you may mail to WEBS, 75 Service Center Road, Northampton, MA 01060 attention to the department head specified below.