New Knitting Patterns
Hooked for Life Tumbling Blocks Purse PDF
About the Tumbling Blocks Purse:
“This purse started out as a design challenge – what could I do with three single skeins of the same yarn, so that
knitters would be able to use up orphan skeins and still end up with a fashionable project? I am always inspired by
vintage quilts, so I chose the Tumbling Blocks pattern and started knitting.
This smart, rectangular bag has an intarsia flap, garter stitch gussets for depth, and fun stockinette stitch stripes
to keep the knitting interesting. It is lined in a heavy twill so it doesn’t lose shape during use, and is finished with a
-Mary Beth Temple, designer
This pattern is available as a PDF download.
Finished Sizes: 7” wide x 2” deep x 10” tall after blocking and finishing
- 345 yds fingering weight wool yarn (CYCA 1, Super Fine) in three colors. Model shown in Elemental Affects Natural Shetland Fingering (100% wool/.99 oz/115 yds), 1 skein each of Lilac #017 (L), Violet #024 (M), and Dark Violet #008 (D)
- Purchased strap in model is black leather, 3/8" wide x 40" - 46" long adjustable length, with antique brass colored fittings
Needles: Knitting needles size 2/2.75mm or size needed to obtain gauge
- 9 bobbins for intarsia flap
- ½ yd twill fabric for lining
- Sewing thread and needle or sewing machine for lining
Gauge: 20 sts and 32 rows = 4” in st st
- Mary Beth Temple
- 20% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $60 or more!
- 25% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $120 or more!