Ysolda Poppy PDF
This pattern is a downloadable PDF file.
Meet Poppy, a sweet little doll who would make the perfect gift for any child. Or, if you can’t bear to give her away, she’d love to be friends with you too. Knit seamlessly in the round from the top down Poppy is quick to knit from small amounts of yarn. Instructions are given for her cute mary janes and dress, but dressing her is a great opportunity to get creative.
- Body – 130 yds / 120m of double knitting weight yarn. Shown in Rowan Purelife Organic Wool (100% wool, 137yds / 126m, 1.76oz / 50g) in Natural.
- Dress, shoes and barettes – 77 yds / 70m of double knitting weight yarn. Shown in Rowan Pure Wool DK (100% wool, 136yds / 124m, 1.76oz / 50g) in Kiss.
- Hair – 65 yds / 60m of double knitting weight yarn. Shown in Rowan Pure Wool DK in Mocha.
Needles: 3mm needles – dpns or circulars for your preferred method of knitting small circumferences in the round.
Other Materials: Tapestry needle; toy stuffing; 2 small buttons approx .5” / 12mm in diameter; stitch markers; scrap cardboard.
Gauge: 13 sts = 2” / 5cm in stocking st. Exact gauge isn’t too important and the size of the doll can be varied by using yarn in different weights. The important thing is to work at a reasonably tight gauge so the stuffing can’t poke through.
Size: Poppy is approx 12” / 30cm from the tip of her toes to the top of her head.
PDF updated 10/15/12.
- Ysolda Teague
- 20% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $60 or more!
- 25% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $120 or more!