Kristin Nicholas Designs
Kristin Nicholas Designs Creative Christmas Stockings PDF
Kristin Nicholas brings you a fabulous Christmas Stocking Pattern in 4 sizes and 6 designs. Pattern includes both simple stripe one color knitting designs and Fair Isle two color knitting. For beginning and intermediate knitters. Included is also instruction to design your own stocking. Pattern includes 24 extra charts to help you create your own original stocking. Instruction and illustrations included for embroidery add-ons.
For beginning and intermediate knitters; uses double pointed needles; includes 15 illustrations, 21 project photographs, and 29 charts. Also includes a bonus Fair Isle Technique and Tips article, plus instructions for how to design your own stockings.
This pattern is available as a PDF download.
Size: Small (Medium, Large, Extra-Large)
Finished Measurements: 8 (10, 12, 15)” around leg (length varies)
Yarn Requirements: Kristin Nicholas’ Julia from Nashua Handknits: 50% Wool, 25% Alpaca, 25% Mohair, 50 grams (1.75 oz) = approx. 93 yards (85 meters). Any worsted weight yarn is appropriate. You will need small amounts of each color. No yarn amounts are given as each stocking used less than a ball of yarn per color.
Yarn Note: Julia has been discontinued but Kristen’s new line of yarn from Classic Elite, “Color by Kristin”, is a great substitute.
- US size 5 (3.75 mm) set of 4 double-pointed needles, or size to obtain gauge
- US size 7 (4.5 mm) set of 4 double-pointed needles, or size to obtain gauge
- 20 sts and 22 rounds = 4” (10 cm) in one color stockinette stitch and reverse stockinette stitch ridges on smaller needles
- 20 sts and 22 rounds = 4” (10 cm) in two color stockinette stitch on larger needles
- Kristin Nicholas
- 20% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $60 or more!
- 25% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $120 or more!