- New Weaving
- Weaving Sale
- Ball Winders & Swifts
- Braiding & Rope
- Books, Magazines & DVDs
Weave a Good Rug with Tom Knisely DVD
Rugs present some unique weaving challenges. They can be rustic, elegant, or just plain fun, but they also have to be, well, rugged. In this 2 disc set, filmed on location at The Mannings Handweaving School in rural Pennsylvania, Tom Knisely explains how to weave a good rug:
- Overview of rug structures and the importance of an unbalanced cloth
- What features to look for in a rug loom in order to create a sturdy piece of fabric
- Rug shuttles, temples, and other equipment that makes rug weaving mores successful and easier on the weaver
- Choosing and preparing materials, from cottons and wools to fabrics for rags, for rug weaving
- Warping techniques specifically for weaving rugs
- Dozens of tips for weaving warp rep and weft rep, rag, and boundweave rugs
- Braids, fringes, binding, and other finishing techniques
From fibers Tom explains everything you need to know to successfully and comfortably weave attractive, sturdy rugs you’ll delight in having underfoot. Run times: Disc 1: 77 minutes; Disc 2: 114 minutes. Interweave Press.
- Tom Knisely
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviewsWeave a Good Rug with Tom Knisely DVD
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 13/11/2014
Very informative for rug weaving
- Broad Range Of Information
- Easy To Understand
- Good Resource
- Reliable Research
- Will Use Many Times
Comments about Weave a Good Rug with Tom Knisely DVD:
A very useful DVD of information for improving rug weaving skills!
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
- 20% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $60 or more!
- 25% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $120 or more!