New Weaving Books
- New Weaving
- Weaving Sale
- Ball Winders & Swifts
- Braiding & Rope
- Books, Magazines & DVDs
Continuous Strand Weaving Method
Techniques and Projects for Triangle, Square, and Rectangle Frame Looms
A comprehensive book on a magical way of weaving whereby the loom dresses itself during the weaving process! Inside you'll find:
- Many weaving techniques including twills, laces, double weaves and supplemental warps and wefts;
- Many color effect techniques including color blending, color-and-weave effects, tartans and plaids;
- Surface design techniques including tambour and other embroidery stitches, pile, needle felting, and using textured yarns;
- Planning and charting techniques;
- Tailoring, tips for joining panels, fulling and finishing textiles;
- Unique techniques on frame looms.
There are over 190 projects in this book, from simple scarves to wool suits and large capote coats, purses, pouches and pillows; interior textiles from wash cloths and bread cloths to floor mats, blankets, and curtains. Illustrated with 131 pages of color photos of all finished items with close up of the weave structures. The book includes 175 hand drawn illustrations and a gallery of works by 35 additional weavers. Book is printed in the USA, using an open-back feature which allows the book to lay open. Softcover; 468 pages, self-published.
- Carol Leigh Brack-Kaiser
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviewsContinuous Strand Weaving Method
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 15/29/2013
By Saffron Skye
About Me Bookworm
- Deserves Multiple Readings
- Easy To Understand
- Well Written
Comments about Continuous Strand Weaving Method:
This book is incredibly comprehensive. I have triangle and square looms in medium and small sizes, and this book is a constant inspiration. It covers beginning skills and advanced, and all shapes of looms. If you have questions about how to weave, or how to assemble different pieces from different looms to make garments and accessories, you can find help here. All the patterns have good pictures, written directions, and drawings to show special methods or assembly. I'm so glad I own this book!
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
- 20% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $60 or more!
- 25% Off
- On highlighted items totaling $120 or more!