A Cornucopia of Cast Ons and a Bevy of Bind Offs*
*This class fulfills the Cast On, Bind Off Requirement for WEKP.
Do you always use the same cast-ons and bind-offs for everything you knit? Here at WEBS, we insist that everyone know the long-tail cast-on and the traditional bind-off, but there is a world of other methods out there which can make your knitted items look very professional indeed: tubular cast-on and bind-off, knitted cast-on, cable cast-on, picot cast-on and bind-off, chained cast-on, provisional cast-on, knit 2 together bind-off, purl 2 together bind-off, I-cord bind-off, yarn-over bind-off, just to name a few. If you'd like to add more style to your knitting, come join us for this class. **Required Text: Cast On, Bind Off by Leslie Ann Bestor.
know Long Tail Cast-On and Traditional Bind-Off
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Instructor: Beth Altimari
Date: Wednesdays, 4/8, 4/15
- About 175 yards of good quality yarn (worsted or DK weight) with plain, smooth texture in a light color, rolled into 7 25-yard balls. Please do not use inexpensive yarn that splits--you will need to see your stitches and not be frustrated by a yarn that splits. Suggested yarns: Valley Yarns Northampton or Valley Yarns Valley Superwash.
- A small amount (a yard or two) of a similar yarn in a different color
- A few yards of mercerized cotton. This is to be used as stitch holders and to make provisional cast-ons
- Needles in a size recommended by the ball band. Double pointed needles are recommended but not required.
- Tapestry needle
- Crochet hook in the same or similar size to the needles you are using
- Knit and Crochet Tool Kit
- Required Text: Cast On, Bind Off by Leslie Ann Bestor (15% discount)
- Using Long Tail Cast-On, cast-on 20 sts and work in stockinette for 4”. Bind-off in Traditional Bind-Off. Block swatch and bring to class.
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.
Click here for complete Registration Information.
Note: If you are purchasing more than one unit of the same class, please call Customer Service with that person's name and information.