A Week of Weaving for Beginners
This class is currently full. Please call Customer Service at 1-800-367-9327 to be put on the wait list.
This intensive five-day introductory weaving class is designed for people who have never woven before, or those needing a refresher course. Students will learn the basic techniques of weaving: winding a warp, dressing a loom, and weaving at least two projects. Also included is an exploration of woven structures—plain weave and twills in their many variations. Students will also be taught the rudiments of designing and drafting a project, calculating yarn requirements, looms and equipment, yarns, and finishing techniques. Students will leave class with the ability to design a project, warp a loom, weave on their own, and know where to go for help that is readily available.
Skill Level: Beginner
Instructor: Wendy Bestor
Date: Monday through Friday, 7/22, 7/23, 7/24, 7/25, 7/26
- Two 2-inch diameter notebook rings
- Five grocery bags(the brown paper kind) with bottoms cut out OR a roll of brown Kraft paper
- Paper or cloth measuring tape
- 3-Ring binder (8 1/2" by 11" paper)
- Graph paper (6 or 8 squares to an inch). This is downloadable from the internet
- Pencils with erasers
- A pair of long heavy-duty shoelaces (used are fine)
- 6 rubber bands
- Long straight pins with a round head
- Large tapestry needle
- Yarn will be purchased with instructor's guidance during class
- A chair cushion is optional
- Please bring ALL materials to the first class.
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.
Note: If you are purchasing more than one unit of the same class, please call Customer Service with that person's name and information.