Double Heddle Rigid Heddle Weaving
Now that you've learned to weave on your rigid heddle loom, would you like to learn to weave with finer yarns for more sophisticated projects? This class is for you! You'll learn how to thread your loom and weave a sampler using two rigid heddles, how to determine a proper sett, and how to create texture and pattern. Creating dish towels, napkins, scarves, and more will be discussed. Students are expected to bring their loom to class.
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Prerequisite: Introduction to Rigid Heddle Flip Loom Weaving, or equivalent
Instructor: Paula Veleta
Date: Wednesday and Thursday, 7/19, 7/20; 2017
- Please bring your own rigid heddle loom
- 1 cone Valley Yarns 8/2 Cotton
- One skein Valley Yarns Southwick
- Weaver's Idea Book by Jane Patrick (required text, 15% discount when purchased for this class)
- 2 rigid heddles, 10-dent. A variable dent reed will work for one heddle.
- Pick up stick
- Warping clamps or a loom stand
- Warping pegs
- 2 stick shuttles
- Measuring tape
- Tapestry needle
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.Note: If you are purchasing more than one unit of the same class, please call customer service with that person's name and information.