First Cardigan With Set-In Sleeves*
*This class fulfills the First Cardigan with Set In Sleeves Requirement for WEKP.
If you're ready to move beyond the world of scarves to the world of sweaters, this is the class for you. You'll make a basic, worsted-weight V-neck cardigan with set-in sleeves, classic and wearable. The main goal of the class is to teach you how to finish your sweater using horizontal to horizontal, vertical to vertical, and horizontal to vertical seaming techniques. You'll also learn how to do a clean button-band pick-up, one-row button holes, a button spacing formula, and how to fit a sleeve into a shoulder.
II, or equivalent
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Instructor: Beth Altimari
Date: Thursdays, 10/3, 10/17, 10/31, 11/21, 12/12, 12/19
- Yarn to give you a gauge of 5 stitches to one inch in the following amounts: finished bust size 36 (40, 44, 48) (52, 56, 60)": 1235 (1482, 1729, 1976)( 2223, 2470, 2717) yards. We recommend Valley Yarns Northampton.
- US size 7 needles or size to get gauge, as well as a needle 2 sizes smaller for ribbing
- 32" circular needle in smaller size for button band
- 6-8 buttons
- Knit and Crochet Tool Kit
- A sweater that fits you well to use for size estimate
- Valley Yarns B9 Basic Set-In Sleeve Cardigan pattern (to be provided by the instructor) is included in the price of the class
- Using Long Tail Cast On, cast on 20 sts and work in stockinette for 4”. Bind off in traditional bind off.
- Block swatch and bring to class
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.
Click here for complete Registration Information.
Note: If you are purchasing more than one unit of the same class, please call Customer Service with that person's name and information.