Give Fleece a Chance
Learn how to process a raw fleece by hand so that you can turn it into the yarn you love. Students will begin with the most basic steps: selecting a fleece, sorting, washing; and then move on to fiber prep and spinning. You'll make sample cards of a few different fleece types to see how the magic happens.
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Prerequisite: Students must be comfortable using a spinning wheel.
Instructor: Pamela Darrow
Date: Saturday, 4/8/2017
- A fleece will be provided to students by the instructor.
- A spinning wheel in good working condition
- Students should bring hand cards or combs, if they own them. They are also available for purchase at WEBS.
- Required text: The Spinner's Book of Fleece by Beth Smith (15% discount when purchased for this class)
- Materials fee for the fleece is built into the class price.
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.