Interweave Knits Spin + Knit
Those passionate about knitting and spinning will absolutely love Spin + Knit, a special issue from Interweave. Indulge in these two crafts as you read about all things fiber, be it produced at a mill, dyed by an independent artist, or purchased from a vendor at a fiber festival!
Knit with your handspun! Spin up handpaints, gradients, batts, and different breeds, then cast on 20 custom knits with your one-of-a-kind yarn.
Spin + Knit is batty for batts—and we know you are too! Learn three ways to spin striped batts. Discover how to control color and texture and spin lofty, smooth, or wild yarn that make your knitting sing.
New to spinning? Maggie Casey covers the basics with a step-by-step introduction to spinning. Anne Podlesak shares the inside scoop on how to get your special fleece processed at a mill. Already have a stash of handspun yarn? Leslie Ordal explains why not getting gauge is not a hindrance to knitting with your handspun.
Get all this and more in Spin & Knit!
- North Road Hat by Kate Larson
- Timberlane Cowl by Eileen Lee
- Leaf Cap by Melissa LaBarre
- Cenote Shawl by Anne Podlesak
- Stone & Fire Cowl by Amy Tyler
- Kelp Shawl by Benjamin Krudwig
- Secret Garden Mitts by Heather Zoppetti
- A New Slant Scarf by Jillian Moreno
- Locked Up Bag by Kathy Augustine