A brand new issue of knitscene is here to help us kick off 2017! Knitscene Spring 2017 is all about women who work hard and play hard. The Power Knits story is about dressing the working woman in professional and hardy garments that will work just as hard as she does. The Wild Desert story explores projects for the hitchhiker, the flower child, the free spirit. In a very special feature about Krista Ann of KnitsyKnits, we get to peak inside the life of the woman who designs and knits for Mindy Kaling’s character on the hit Hulu show The Mindy Project. There are even two patterns for outfits Mindy wears in the show! We return to the latest installment of Kate Atherley’s Pattern Play column, where she discusses how to deal with the phrase “at the same time” in knitting patterns. Sarah Solomon explains six essential increases that every knitter must know to be successful. It is a jam-packed issue that will provide reading and projects to knit all year long!
In this issue you'll find:
- Expand Your Skills - 6 Essential Increases
- Meet the Queen of Arm Knitting!
- 8 Power Knits for the Working Woman
- Modern Projects for a Brand-New You
- 7 Wild Knits for the Free Spirit
- 2 Patterns from The Mindy Project
- Pattern Reading 101
- Amp Up Your Knitting Reference Library