Knitted Lace of Estonia with DVD
Deepen your knowledge of lace knitting with 14 Estonian, heirloom quality lace patterns from Nancy Bush in a new edition of her bestselling book Knitted Lace of Estonia. Now with a bonus 1-hour DVD, Knitted Lace of Estonia will teach you about traditional lace-knitting techniques, such as:
- Traditional twig, peacock, and lily of the valley patterns and their variations.
- Different ways to make the distinctive nupp, or subdued bobble.
- Modern adaptations of the classic ways of constructing shawls and scarves and adding lace edges.
- On the new bonus DVD, Nancy explores the knitting traditions of Estonia, as well as offers in-depth instructions for the book’s patterns and techniques, as well as designing an Estonian-style shawl, stole or scarf from beginning to end.
Recommendations for You
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Deserves Multiple Readings
- Easy To Understand
- Well Written
Comments about "" Knitted Lace of Estonia with DVD:
This book is fantastic and informative. It is a must for any lace-lover's library. I love how it goes in depth into the history of this particular lace tradition and the Estonian women who created it. I think my favorite detail from the book was when it described the way the old knitters didn't use charts, but would share samplers with each other and add to them in order to invent new and more interesting motifs.
I also like the chapter that teaches how to recreate your own beautiful Haapsalu shawl, using the stitch dictionary conveniently in the back of the book. The patterns are in depth and they are varied; there is something for every level of knitter. The book was incredibly inspiring to me, and I immediately cast on to the cover shawl within weeks of purchasing the book. I'm looking forward to where my needles take me next!