Knitting II, section 2*
This is Section Two. See Section One HERE. Choose only one section.
Have you completed Knitting I? Are you a self-taught knitter who wants to fine-tune your knitting skills so you can move on to more advanced techniques and projects? Are you returning to knitting after a hiatus of a year or more? If the answer to any of the above questions is yes, then Knitting II is for you. In this class we will briefly review the basics of knit and purl, cast-on and bind-off, and quickly concentrate on knitting in the round on both circular and double-pointed needles. Students will learn to shape fabric with increases and decreases, and gauge, as always, takes center stage.
*This class fulfills the Knitting II requirement for WEKP
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Prerequisite: Knitting I or equivalent
Instructor: Cyndi Shepard
Date: Mondays, 6/12, 6/19, 6/26, 7/10, 7/17, 7/24; 2017
- Students will be making a cowl that requires 440 yards of a worsted weight yarn that gets a gauge of 5 sts/inch, a pair of fingerless mitts that require 110 yards of a worsted weight yarn that gets a gauge of 5 sts/inch, and a hat that requires 250 yards of a worsted weight yarn that gets a gauge of 5 sts/inch.
- Needles: US size 6 needles or size to get your gauge of 5 sts/inch in both 16" and 24" circulars
- US size 6 double pointed needles or size to get your gauge of 5 sts/inch
- Stitch markers
- Susan Bates Knit Chek
- Tapestry or yarn needle
- Your Knitter's Tool Kit
- We suggest Valley Yarns Northampton for all projects to avoid buying many different yarns.
- The Knitter's Companion by Vicki Square (required text, 15% discount when purchased for this class)
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.