Next Steps in Rigid Heddle Weaving
This class is currently full. Please call Customer Service at 1-800-367-9327 to be put on the wait list.
In this class students will learn new and different techniques on the rigid heddle loom, including finger manipulation, hem stitching, Danish medallions, warp and weft floats, and how to create texture using a pick up stick. Students will also learn how to add beading to their weaving. Looms must be pre-dressed before class. Do not weave a header.
to Rigid Heddle Flip Loom Weaving; ; must be able to dress your loom correctly
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Instructor: Marthe Young
Date: Sunday, 10/27/2019
- Rigid heddle loom at least 15” wide and 10 dent reed
- 400 yards of DK weight yarn, instructor recommends Valley Yarns Northfield
- Assortment of different weight yarns from fingering through bulky, approximately three yards each. (Instructor will have stash available for student use.)
- Pick up stick 14" or longer
- Seed beads #E (6) or larger (available at JoAnn, Michael 's or other craft stores)
- Crochet hook small enough to go through beads
- Strips of fabric or smooth bulky weight yarn about 4 inches longer than width of weaving
- One brown paper bag or about a foot of craft paper
- Camera and/or note taking materials
- Loom should be pre-threaded 12" x 56" (do NOT weave a header) for the sampler to be worked on in class.
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.
Click here for complete Registration Information.
Note: If you are purchasing more than one unit of the same class, please call Customer Service with that person's name and information.