Patty's Knitting Bag of Tricks with Patty Lyons
There are so many wonderful knitting tricks that make our lives better. Over the years of knitting and teaching, Patty has acquired quite a few fantastic tricks. She loves it when she's teaching a class and a student declares, "I love that tip!" Patty reached deep into her knitting bag and threw all those tips together in one class. From how to do a better SSK, make matching size YOs, to how to avoid the gap at the end of a bind-off, how to tighten your first stitch, how to make better neck divides, and more! Get ready to find a new tip or trick to add to YOUR bag.
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Prerequisite: Must know how to knit, purl, cast on, bind off, know simple increases and decreases. Having knit at least one sweater or followed an accessory pattern helpful but not required.
Instructor: Patty Lyons
Date: Sunday, 3/5/17
- Yarn: worsted or chunky weight yarn, LIGHT COLOR. Small, separate ball of yarn.
- Needles: appropriate for yarn
- CO 28 stitches
- Row 1 *K3, P2 *, rep from * to * to last 3 stitches, K3
- Row 2 *P3, k2*, rep from * to * to last 3 stitches, P3.
- Repeat Rows 1-2 for a couple of inches, working in K3, P2 rib, do not bind off, we will be working this swatch. End with a WS row (ready to work a RS row)
- Cast on 24 stitches, work 2 inches in plain stockinette (NO GARTER EDGE), enough to get a sense of your knitting style.
- Do not bind off, we will be working this swatch.
- End with a WS row (ready to work a RS row)
Note: If you are purchasing more than one unit of the same class, please call customer service with that person's name and information.