Perfect Sweaters for Pampered Pups
Doesn't your dog deserve a beautiful sweater, handcrafted and made to their measurements? We lavish our pooches with love and attention, but a hand-knit garment shows them (and our friends!) how much we truly care. This class will result in 3 custom-made sweaters for your beloved fur baby, one a simple starter garment, one that's got stripes and a pocket, and one that is completely up to you! Learn what measurements to take and what shapes suit individual breeds, and then get to work.
II or equivalent
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Instructor: Ruth Manna
Date: Mondays, 3/9, 3/23, 4/6
- Required text: Seamless Knits for Posh Pups by Sharon Sebrow (15% discount)
- Portrait photo of your dog (without humans) size 4x6 or 5x7
- Your dog's measurements: 1) Base of neck to tail, 2) Around base of neck, 3) Around broadest part of chest
- At least 300 yards of worsted weight superwash yarn, such as Valley Yarns Valley Superwash
- DPNs in US sizes 5 and 7 (or size needed to get gauge of 18 stitches and 24 rows = 4"
- 16" or 24" circular needles in US sizes 5 and 7, or size needed to get gauge of 18 stitches and 24 rows = 4"
- Knit and Crochet Tool Kit
- Please make a 4" x 4" gauge swatch knit with needles to get your gauge of 18 stitches and 24 rows = 4". Make a garter stitch border. Please wet-block your swatch and dry flat. Bring your swatch to class.
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.
Click here for complete Registration Information.
Note: If you are purchasing more than one unit of the same class, please call Customer Service with that person's name and information.