Preserving the Legacy of Needlework
See why readers can’t get enough of all the great content offered in PieceWork Magazine! Every issue is packed with fun projects to knit, crochet and embroider, not to mention all the must-read expert articles and instruction.
The Winter 2018 issue of PieceWork is filled with their passion for books and magazines. The inspiration for the projects and articles in this issue are stitched together from contemporary and classic literature, the pages of early nineteenth- and twentieth-century needlework periodicals, and the fiber-loving heroines of Greek mythology.
Plus, in this issue you'll:
- Stitch a Belgian needle-lace heart inspired by a Nancy Drew novel.
- Ward off winter’s chill with a knitted fichu similar to the ones worn by the beloved Jo, Beth, Meg, Amy, and Marmee in Little Women.
- Learn about the history of some of the most popular needlework magazines from the past two centuries, including Fancy Needlework Illustrated, Modern Pricilla, and Needlecraft.
Articles featured in this issue:
- 7 Literary Projects: Knitting, Embroidery, Needle Lace
- Bruges, History, Mystery and Nancy Drew: On Lace's Trail
- Embroider Nathaniel Hawthorne's Scarlet Letter
- Knit a Little Women Lace Fichu
- Follow the Thread: Needlework in Kid Lit
- Stitch Your Own Fairy Tale