Socks with Magic Loop or 2 Circulars
Don't feel comfortable with double-pointed needles? Never fear—there are many ways to knit a tube! Magic Loop or 2 circular needles make beautiful socks and both techniques are easy to learn and implement. In this class, students will learn the basics of each technique, when they are best used, and will start on a pair of socks with the instructor's guidance.
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Instructor: Anna Viadero
Date: Thursdays, 6/15, 6/22, 6/29; 2017
- Valley Yarns pattern B-13, Basic Heel Flap Socks (provided by the instructor)
- 2 skeins of Valley Yarns Huntington (or another sock yarn with at least 450 yards and a gauge of 8 stitches/1 inch on a US size 0, 1, or 2)
- For Magic Loop: 47" circular needle, in a size to get gauge; for 2 Circular technique: 2 32" circular needles in a size to get gauge
- WEBS Knitter's Tool Kit
- Make a swatch in the round with class yarn.
- You should get a gauge of 8 sts/1 inch.
- Put the swatch on waste yarn and
- bring to your first class.
When possible, please buy your materials from WEBS.Note: If you are purchasing more than one unit of the same class, please call customer service with that person's name and information.